running back said Wednesday that the appeals process has been "a little tiring," but he is not ready to end his fight with the NFL over a six-game suspension for violating the personal conduct policy.
"When you get accused of something of that magnitude, you kind of get labeled as an abuser, and that's not me," Elliott told ESPN. "That's not how I want to be seen. That's not what I want to represent to my family. So I mean it's just important for me to fight."
Elliott was not charged by Columbus, Ohio, authorities, but the NFL said it had "persuasive" evidence that he committed domestic violence against a former girlfriend on multiple occasions in the summer of 2016.
On Tuesday, Elliott was granted a temporary restraining order by a New York judge, which will allow the star rusher to play Sunday against the. The hearing for an injunction is set to be heard on or before Oct. 30.
"There's been a lot of hard work, and it's definitely a tough job, but they've served me well," Elliott said of his legal team.
ESPN noted that if Elliott wins the injunction, he could be eligible to play for the remainder of the season; however, the possibility exists that he could serve the suspension in 2018.
Elliott was initially suspended by the NFL in August, but he won a reprieve in a Texas court with an injunction. Last week, the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals threw out the decision, which led the NFL to place him on the suspended list. He was unable to be with the team on Tuesday, but took part in Wednesday's practice after the temporary restraining order was issued Tuesday night.
"It's been so many ups and downs, lefts and rights, that you don't really know what's coming up next," Elliott told ESPN. "You just got to take it day by day and be ready for whatever is going to be needed."