Some thoughts on who the Cowboys should sit in this meaningless game against the Eagles:
- Sit Dak Prescott. Someday, Dallas might need Cooper Rush to come in and play a few games if Prescott is injured, and it would be nice if he had some real game action under his belt. Plus, what if the unthinkable happened and Prescott seriously injured himself in the game and that injury was the kind that lingered into the 2018 season? No real reason to risk it.
- Limit Ezekiel Elliott. Why risk any kind of injury? Also, let’s reward Rod Smith for all his hard work over the past couple of years on special teams and as a backup running back. I would make him the feature back and let him run all day.
- Sit Tyron Smith. This has got to be a no-brainer.
And here are some thoughts on who they should play:
- Continue sitting Orlando Scandrick. He hasn’t played in weeks, why start now.
- Play Noah Brown and Ryan Switzer at wide receiver a lot. While you can’t sit down Dez Bryant, Cole Beasley and Terrance Williams completely, I would let the two rookies play a lot and see what they have as parts of the offense. The Cowboys need to recamp their receiving corps this offseason, so let’s get a look at these two rooks before making any decisions.
- Give Taco Charlton every rep he can handle. The good news is that Charlton’s play has been on the upswing in the last month. He’s finally starting to make plays. Give him a heavy dose of playing time, maybe he’ll have a breakout game that will boost his confidence heading into 2018.
via Blogging the Boys